How To Choose The Right Dresses For Your Girls According To The Occasion
Weddings, birthday parties, ceremonies, festivals, or a casual day out— all these occasions differ from each other in terms of environment, venue, vibe and most importantly a specific attire. If you thought that only adults need to dress occasion specific and kids could just be made to wear anything off the closet, you probably aren’t a parent to a gen-next kid. Kids today are much more aware of our cultural scenario and the do’s and don'ts of a particular situation. You can’t just convince them to wear as you wish as they want to look as appropriate as you for every event they are attending.
Though kids look cute in every attire, there are certain dresses which look most favourable for a certain event. The style generation of today, prefers to be dressed up in the most suitable manner. Therefore, we are listing the options for dresses for different occasions to suit the dress code requirement and serve as a guidance for parents.
Here’s exactly what your kids should wear to:
- A wedding party - Weddings are the more extravagant events where people love to flaunt their unique dressing styles and fashion statements. So why should kids be left behind in this? Today kids brands are customizing and offering traditional and fusion wear in the form of gowns, anarkalis, embellished lehengas, shararas, gararas, salwar suits and so on for kids as young as 1-2 years, and the tiny ones especially look super cute in those attires.
This said again, you might make your kid wear a casual frock or western dress at such a function, but they would definitely not be a match in front of the traditional ones. Also if the wedding is of someone close to the family, your kids should wear something special to feel a part of the grand celebration.
- A birthday party - The most favourite party for kids, a birthday can be a casual event if it is someone’s else’s, or a special one if it is your child’s own. Your choice of party dresses for your girl child will also be different in both cases.
If she is a birthday girl herself, you could go for anything from flared luxury gowns to ruffled and layered baby frocks, to blingy skirt tops and flashy jumpsuits. But if your daughter is attending someone’s else’s birthday party, it would be wise to tone the look down a little to leave the limelight to the birthday girl. Though you need not compromise on the style and go for the latest casual cuts and trims.
- A religious ceremony - As pious as it is, a religious function like a Puja, a Kirtan or Jagrata at home or visit to a religious place requires an appropriate dress code for adults as well as kids. During such occasions utility stands above style and comfort and modesty should be given utmost preference.
A salwar suit, kurti set, a light lehenga or anything with a complimentary dupatta would serve the best. A dupatta or scarf to cover the head is generally the basic requirement for a religious ceremony to pay respect and obeisance to the almighty. So going accordingly with the choice of dress is important.
- A festive occasion - Festivals are what mark the cultural vividity of our nation. Year round there are many festivals including Holi, Diwali, Dussehra, Christmas, Gurpurab, Raksha Bandhan, Navratri and so on. Going traditional on such occasions adds cheerful vibes to the kids' personality and also brings them closer to our culture and festivities.
By dressing appropriately for the festivals in different colors and styles, kids feel the happiness and enjoyment associated with them and participate in them with compassion and joy. Choose anything from suits, kurtis, lehengas, floor length fusion gowns and sarees for such occasions.
- A casual family dinner or get together - As casual as it sounds, a weekend family dinner, a small house get together or simply a day out with family is a time when comfort comes first. In such an event, western dresses including jeans, tops, jumpsuits, lightweight frocks, skirt sets, midis and maxi dresses will be the best option for your little divas.
Such occasions involve a lot of walking around, playing, jumping and having fun, so casual dresses will make sure that your kids are comfortable in whatever they do and enjoy the moment at its best.
It might sound a little overwhelming, but dressing your kids according to an occasion will not just bring compliments to you as parents, but also instill confidence in them to be a part of the crowd dressed up in the similar manner. To get the most in occasion wear shop for best kids clothes online at Foreverkidz.in the one stop brand for all your kids wear needs.